The Immortals: New Coffee Table Book From Dick Perez
We have some exciting news for baseball memorabilia collectors. Dick Perez, of the famous Perez-Steele Hall of Fame postcards, has released a limited-edition coffee table book. The book – THE IMMORTALS – An Art Collection of Baseball’s Best, represents the landmark visual history of baseball through the lives of the 292 members enshrined in the National Baseball Hall of Fame. It is not being sold in retail outlets and is only available directly from the book’s website.
If you are a baseball fan, chances are you very familiar with the work of Dick Perez. He has been designated as the official artist of the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York. Each year Perez paints the official portraits of newly inducted members, and these paintings are displayed at the Hall of Fame during the player’s induction year. The Perez-Steele Hall of Fame postcards have become the standard bearer for collecting HoF autographs.
Here are the some of the details about the upcoming book.
THE IMMORTALS – An Art Collection of Baseball’s Best
The book features over 1400 works by Dick Perez, the artist whose name has been attached to the Hall of Famers for three decades, and was official artist of the Baseball Hall of Fame for over twenty years. The historical images have been carefully researched and depict the evolution of the game through the changes in equipment, uniforms, ballparks, their vintage billboards, and bygone fashions worn by fans. The ballet and beauty of the game leap from the pages with vivid realism.
- Contains all of the original art from the Hall of Fame Art Post Cards as well as members that were inducted after 2001 up to 2010, painted in the same style and manner as the original collection.
- Hall of Fame artworks that Perez has created throughout his career, including Great Moments, Celebration and Masterworks.
- 402 new unpublished works, 338 not seen before.
- Biographical sketches for each Hall of Fame player (including lifetime statistics), umpire, executive and baseball pioneer, and short historical accounts of each of the baseball eras—Origins, Deadball, Golden Age, War and Postwar, Expansion, and Modern, written by historian William C. Kashatus.
- The entire 15 year collection of the Donruss Diamond Kings that featured many players who became; or will become Hall of Famers.
- Many original works from the Perez-Steele era.
- The body of work is created in a variety of media: oil, watercolor, acrylics, charcoal and pen and ink.
No expense has been spared in the lavish design and production of this unprecedented undertaking: 12”x12”, 560 pages, full color, with many frame-worthy full page illustrations and a number of poster-like double-page spreads. THE IMMORTALS is printed in the USA on 100-pound coated paper and bound in bonded leather with gold stamping.
Only a limited number of copies of this collectible book will be published. THE IMMORTALS will not be distributed to retail outlets and can only be obtained directly from Dick Perez at his official website.